Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This week in the life of Elder Christensen

OCTOBER 28, 2009
So I'll explain to you the whole thing about missionary "life." When a missionary is in the mtc, they call it the "premortal existence." when a missionary first comes out into the field, the area he starts out in is where he is "born." His trainer is his "Father." And during his second transfer, when he is being step-trained, his companion is his "step-fatehr" if it's someone besides his first companion. When a missionary goes home, he "dies." So since Neil has already trained someone, that missionary who he trained is his "son." And his "son" is training someone, so that missionary would be his "grandson." Does that make sense? haha. I actually sent home a picture of me and my mission "father" and my mission "grandfather" haha. I hope I have confused you thoroughly.
Yeah I saw a whole bunch of my MTC district at the mission conference. It was way cool. But there's still a whole bunch of missionaries that came out with me that I haven't seen who are out on in the tidewater area. I don't know what areas they're in though.
This week we've been kind of immobilized. We are out of miles for our car, so we have had to try and get rides from members out into the far reaches of our area. For all those who don't know, my area covers three full counties and 1/2 of two more. So even with 1450 miles each month, we still burn those really quick. But we've been striving to help some of our investigators out there progress. Unfortunately, most of our investigators, along with most of our members, are far away from us. SO that makes it hard when we run out of miles.

This is random but a quick message for Brent Walkerrrr: I forgot to tell you in my letter, but an older couple out here served in your mission (albequrque) around 1990. I know you were super young but I thought I'd tell you. Their names are Brother and Sister Dalton.

Anyways, so we've been having actually alot of success for a country area. We are teaching good quality lessons with people out here, and thankfully we haven't had many people that freak out at us. Lot's of people who are ridiculous and hide in their houses when we know they are there. Oh well.

But I hope you all are doing good, and I appreciate all of you who write me. I try to write you back the day I get your letters, but lately I've been so busy with everything. And for everyone who has sent me letters in the past week or so, I am out of stamps. and I have no money to buy more! I get some money on Saturday, so I will get stamps then. But just know I'm not ignoring you! If you wrote me I WILL write you back! It may just take a little bit of time.
So a little thought today. I was studying in 3rd Nephi this morning in chapter 11 when Christ visits the Nephites after the tumults and horrible destruction that has occured. I can't quote it word for word, but what struck me this morning was that when Heavenly Father announces the triumphant arrival of his Son, he speaks through the Holy Spirit in a still small voice. It took the Nephites three times before they were tuned in enough to hear the voice of the Lord speaking to them. How many times during our day is our world so noisy, that that still small voice is too quiet to be heard? I am personally trying to learn to listen to that Spirit as well, and I hope you are too.

Love you all, and hope things are good with you all. Keep writing me, I love all our letters of encouragement. I love hearing from everyone, it helps me alot. I miss you all.

P.S. Joseph - I don't know if you got my letter or not, but congrats on the sweet mission call dude. I know you'll rock it. Let me know more about it whenever you send me another letter! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment