Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Monday, November 30, 2009

November 18th

So before I do anything, guessss what?


I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED UGHHHHH

Here's my new apartment address:
1721 D Park Rd.
Harrisonburg, VA 22802

I'm pretty sure that's it, and if it isn't, I'll send you a letter when I get there on Thursday. But it's up in the northwestern most corner of the mission. And it's one of the only areas in the whole mission that goes into west virginia. So we'll see how that goes. It's a ward up there and a somewhat of a big city in the applachian mountians. One of my buddies from the mtc is in my district up there, and I'll be living with two other elders besides my comp at the apartment there. My new companions name is Elder Terry, by the way. Besides that, you know about as much as I do. You might wanna do some "Research" like you did on blackstone haha. I'll send you a map or something sometime. I'll be going there on this thursday (nov. 18) and I'll be there for at least another six weeks.
Like that wednesday after I emailed you, we got hit by the remnants of a hurricane that came up from the gulf of mexico, and it rained for 72 hours STRAIGHT. The first day I didn't have a coat, so I just wore my suitcoat out in the rain. It was fun as you can imagine. The second day is when I got the coat in the mail, and oh my gosh thank you so much I LOVE the coat. It's perfect and warm and water proof. I'm sure it'll last me a long time. But it was perfect for the horrible weather we had. THe rivers were super flooded and they actually closed school in one of the counties we work in because the country roads were all flooded.

BUt another story haha. This past friday we were invited to our branches chili cook off, and we went because there were going to be non members there. But it turned out that they wanted us to be judges for the chili so me and elder hinds judged chili. And we got lucky apparently, cause last year they had chili that they said wasn't even edible because it was so dang spicy. But it was intense cause one of the chili's was so spicy I put it in my mouth and it started burning my mouth before I could even taste it. It was ridiculous. Apparently this whole stake I'm in is INTENSE about chili cook offs. Our branch especially. Like the whole stake presidency was out there in our little branch building. haha.

It was way sad last night ahving to tell everyone we are teaching that one of us could be leaving. And when I found out last night that I was leaving burkville branch, I had a really hard time sleeping. Not to mention that drinking mountain dew right before hand didn't help me sleep either. SO I had a hard time sleeping last night 'cause I'm super nervous about going to a new area and bummed about leaving this one. By the way I finally got around to taking a picture of Kevin and Sarah and you'll see it next time I send the card home. Which may be tonight, I don't know. BUt yeah today is p-day and we are spending it in Farmville, with the farmville elders cause they are awesome. I gave them some of dad's durian candy this morning. They enjoyed it as to be expected ;).
It was so funny this morning, cause last we told our branch mission leader that one or both of us might be getting transferred and he was like "what?! They can't do that!" haha. so we told him we'd let him know today what was going on, cause we didn't find out until like 10:50 last night -_-'. But we were at walmart this morning getting stuff and We get a phone call, and it was before 10 and we aren't supposed to get calls before ten so we were like, what the heck? And it was brother berryman (our branch mission leader) and the first thing he says when I answer the phone is "I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER, WHICH ONE OF YOU IS GETTING TRANSFERRED!!??" haha it was so funny. But he was sad that I'm leaving but he would've been much more sad if elder hinds was leaving, because he's been here much longer. But it was all good. we are eating dinner with them tonight.
By the way, we plan on going to see the branch presidency tonight to take a picture with em, so you'll see how hilarious and awesome all ofthem are. two of them have HUGE bushy beards and the other one is on crutches right now haha. He had hip surgery. But you will see. One of the guys with beards has NEVER SHAVED HIS FACE IN HIS LIFE. Except when he got married. BUt since then he hasn't shaved. Ridiculous but awesome.
Yeah the weather has been all over the place. Like I said, three days of rain (bad, but not like hurricane force winds or anything, just high winds) then one day it was cloudy and within 20 minutes there wasn't a cloud in the sky. IT happened so quick that I was wearing my suit coat and I had to take it off cause it was so freaking hot. As brother berryman always says, "Don't like virginia weather? Wait 5 minutes, it'll change." hahaha. And then it was sunny for a day or so, and now it freaking cloudy and cold again. AHHH.

But yeah, being up where I'm at in harrisonburg, I'll probably have some snow this year. I'll be spending christmas and thanksgiving there. But one of the elders I'm living with is one of elder hinds good friends in the mission and elder hinds says he's awesome so I'm glad for that. Apparently my companion is going to be awesome too, according to one of the farmville elders.
I'm going to miss burkeville alot, but hopefully harrisonburg is awesome. I was told it's basically like burkeville, but with a big city in it. And it's a ward instead of a branch so that'll be good.
I do have one scripture for you guys to read/put in the blog for me. It is this:

1 Nephi 21: 14-17

"14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
15 For can a awoman forget her sucking child, that she should not have bcompassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may cforget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."

This scripture is really powerful and though provoking simply because of the last verse. I don't time to complete my thought right now ebcause this stupid computer has a time limit. BUt you probably understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment