Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Hey hey y'all

yeah, I'm way surprised that it's already getting close to halloween. It doesn't feel like I've been out here that long. Today is my month mark out in the field! AHH it's going by so fast!Thankfully though it's getting somewhat cooler and the cecada's are starting to hibernate and whatnot so no more noise from them :) teaching is the best part! I hate tracting most of the time, but I know it's part of the whole package so I'm totally fine with doing it, except when people are ridiculous and hide in their house when we KNOW they are in there! GAH
Dad told me about Grandpa's crazy experience at the airplane museum. That's so nuts! Elder Richard G. Scott is a way awesome man. We heard him speak the night before we left to come out here. That's so crazy Grandpa got to show Elder Scott the museum. So let me recap my week I guess. Well the important things I guess. This past weekend the stake had stake conference and so we went to the Saturday session with our investigator who is gonna get baptised this saturday. It was great. There was this lady there that acted EXACTLY like Sis. Parmenter. She was a recent convert and hilarious. She talked, along with some other people and it was a great thing to have an investigator there. I just wished we could've gotten our other investigators to it. Oh well. But Sunday we got a ride to the Sunday session, but we were late, so we had to sit WAYYYY in the back with all the families who had tons of little kids. I felt like I was sitting in a jungle I could barely hear what the people were talking about, let alone focus on it haha. But thus is a family ward I suppose haha. Oh! You didn't happen to hear on CNN about a group of murders that happened in a town called Farmville, Virginia this past week did you? Because apparently it made national news! That town is about 30 minutes away give or take. Apparently this crazy college kid there killed his ex girlfriend and her whole family. And apparently it was pretty gruesome, but I didn't hear any of the details other than that. But just wondering if you'd heard. Anyways, so two days ago on monday we went on exchanges with those missionaries in farmville. So I went to farmville and Elder Hinds stayed here. It was a blast. We didn't get a whole lot of work done there in farmville, because we couldn't find any of the addresses we were looking for (it's out in the country as well, but theres a college in farmville so it's a little more densly populated than anywhere that's in our area) and one of the elders I was with has Crohn's disease, so he had to lay down for about an hour or so. So we went around and met a few people. We talked to this guy who is like an ex-navy seal special ops sniper or something. He did all these missions that he can't talk about and stuff it's insane
haha. Anyways, what bummed me out about the whole day was that Elder hinds and another Elder went to teach Kevin and Sarah. (they are the two investigators that are super redneck and live in a trailer and whatnot.) We have been working with them trying to get a marriage date, because they aren't married, and also a baptism date. They have been praying about it but it didn't look good. But while I wasn't there Elder Hinds set a date for them to get married and baptised in November! Ahh I wanted to be there when that happened! Oh well, I'm more happy than jealous, just because they finally agreed to be baptised! yay! also, we have an investigator getting baptised this saturday. He is one awesome guy. He is older, but really rock solid in everything we teach him. We just taught him about tithing last night, and he was totally alright with it and everything haha. I'm not doing the baptising, but I'm just excited to be there and for him to get baptised :)hmm...let's see if I have any crazy stories. Our stupid phone keeps telling us theres going to be thunderstorms, but I've yet to hear any thunder. Oh, so I've been writing my roommate brent pretty consistently, and thankfully he's been writing consistently as well. Oh man do his letters cheer me up on a bad day haha. He is so funny and I miss hanging with him so much. If he reads this on the blog, brent you should be getting a letter from me shortly ;) haha.
alright I remember a crazy story now. The other day we were tracting a street here in blackstone and no body was answering as usual. We walked up to this house, and two girls (maybe 20-23 or 24) walk out and meet us. We start talking to them about the church and the gospel and what not, and we started talking about prophets. One of the girls asked us "well, how do you believe them?" (speaking about Joseph Smith) and then sbe asked "because if I just told Mallory (she is the other girl on the porch talking to us) 'Mallory! God told me that we couldn't be lesbians anymore!' I don't think anyone would believe me." I was just like wow. Way to make this whole thing SUPER awkward. So after we found out these two girls were lesbians we continued teachin em and then of course one of them had to ask about how we viewed the gay/lesbian deal. So we answered in the most polite way we could (without beating around the bush of course) and they weren't offended or anything because I basically said "well, we do believe homosexual deals are a sin. BUT. Christ wants everyone to love everyone. So we have no right to judge you, or be prejudice or hateful or anything." We also cited a talk from Elder Holland I believe, where he said that it's not a sin to have those feelings for the same sex, but it IS a sin to act on them. So we answered politely and respectfully. And because of that we are teaching them again on saturday ^^.I'm not exactly sure how we are going to go about this whole deal though, haha. I'll talk to the mission president about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment