Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hey everyone!

it's actually really hot and humid here most of the time so we actually rarely wear our Jackets haha. Yes I have my black suitcoat. I'm eating ok, I actually lost like 8 pounds or something ha. Yeah the place we eat at is pretty cool. Yeah we don't really eat at members that often, but they are trying to do a better job with that since they need too haha. But the area we are in only has a branch. and there's maybe 30-40 people there every sunday. I guess a good way to describe it is that the Young mens president and the Young womens president are husband and wife. Haha. That's cool to hear about wylie. Can you find me his mtc address and his mission home address? I wanna write him, but I had to send a letter to his house that hopefully the chapmans will forward to him. Along with wylies address can you get neil and davids address for me? Along with josephs college address, incase he doesn't write me back or the letter doesn't get to him? thank you.haha Ryan is carrying on the legacy! I'm sure he will party it up. By the way, did those two get my letters? I hope you didn't read them! They were to jordan and ryan only! haha. The Branch is very cool. It's funny though, all the members of the branch presidency have huge bushy beards. haha. But they give us food and whatnot. We write emails at the local library here in Blackstone. It's awesome. haha. Our apartment is pretty good, and even better now that we spent the day cleaning it...it was a mess before. The elder that was here before me with Elder Hinds was a total slob and left tons of dishes that were sitting there the whole time while I was there. And who knows how long they were there before I got there. Mold was growing on em it was so bad. We actually had to throw some plates and stuff away cause they were so moldy. But our place is NICE and clean now. woo! It's a two story apartment, with a living room and kitchen on the bottom floor, and a bathroom and two bedrooms on the top floor, but one of the bedrooms we use to study in. Yeah so I've actually been using my bike alot lately, because my companion's using another elders bike while that elder works on his. So yeah. I love the bike! I almost flipped over the handlebars the other day because the brakes were so nice and new haha. But yeah, let dad know I am tightening those bolts each day before we go out on the bikes. But you know how I said it was really hot here? well it's hurricane season here, and we got the edge of Tropical Storm Freddie (no joke, that's what it was called haha.) and it dumped rain the past few days. No thunder and lightening though. And I'm sure you are gonna love this, but apparently in the spring they get tornadoes and stuff here. haha. Not only that but we have another Hurricane heading our way here in the next few weeks, so we'll see if that makes landfall or if it even hits here. But the weather is crazy here, it changes so much lol.
Oh and I'm glad you and dad decided to go on this trip after I leave! bums! haha I'm just kidding but it sounds like a ton of fun just make sure dad doesn't get wasted at all these swim up bars he's telling me about hahaha. But let me kind fill you in on the work that's been happening here in the past week or so. we went and say two of our investigators that are progressing really well this last friday. And my companion asked me if I would like to be the one who asked them to be baptised. And I said yeah of course! So I was nervous but we asked em at the end of our lesson and they pretty much said yes, but the only dissapointing thing is that they said they wanted to wait till next year to do it because they wanted to get everything worked out before then. These investigators are so awesome, even though they are kinda hickish haha. They live in a trailer park in this tiny little town called victoria. But I love em and I really wanna see them join the church. They are there almost every sunday. We asked em to pray about when they wanted to be baptised and we are going back today to talk to them about it, so wish us luck. haha. we also have another investigator named Richard who is set for baptism here on the 26th. And he is so cool. He is older and retired, but is very solid in the truthfulness of the gospel. I love him! He is so excited to be baptised and he's coming with us to stake conference and he wants to watch general conference and its way cool.we also have another investigator that we are still working with...he is having a hard time keeping his commitments so we are hoping on thursday when we go to teach him, that he will have done some work. Those are basically our progressing investigators, but we are still doing tons of finding and we are teaching several other people who we've only seen like once. But it's going good, although it get's a bit frustrating when we are walking or biking all day and no one ANSWERS THEIR DOOR. GAH. But the importance of the work keeps me motivated. Oh so also we had to go to the doctor all the way in richmond the other day because of my stupid toe. I have a bad ingrown toenail on my right big toe, and I called the health secretary for the mission and she told me to go see the doctor. but the missionary insurance covered it all I think. But the toes feeling better now, they gave me some antibiotics and told me to basically just soak the the foot in some warm water with epson salt dissolved in it. And it's makin me feel better so that's good.It's so hot and muggy here, you have no idea. Even when we were walking around in the rain, and I had an umbrella, and I should've been freezing because I have no coat, I was sweating like crazy. It's ridiculous how humid it is here. But I'm getting used to it.
So sometimes I feel like we waste alot of time driving, because we have to drive most of the time cause our area is so large. I emailed the mission president about it cause I wanna make sure we are doing everything right. I love being out here so much, you have no idea. I miss everyone so much it's crazy, but I love being able to see the joy in peoples hearts when they come to understand the gospel and Christ's atonement. I love it when people are kind to us when they don't even believe what we believe. It shows me that there are yet a few good people left in this world. And when we get the people who make fun of us or make themselves look really stupid by yelling ridiculous things out their car windows at us (which we rarely can understand) I just smile and am glad I am the one getting made fun of, especially since the Lord is on our side, and us on his. This isn't to say this work is easy, because it rarely is. Especially with this ingrown toenail, it's been hard to walk around the past few days. But I want to work hard out here and make sure I have no regrets about how I spent my time here. Oh, and just as a side note here, I finished reading the book of mormon cover to cover again a few days ago. The end of the Book of Mormon is so sad. Just reading about Moroni all alone, watching his people be destroyed because of how wicked they are, and not being able to do anything. It kinda reminds me of today, watching the world tear itself to pieces simply because people have differing opinions. I love the Book of Mormon. There are so many ways we can apply it our lives, and so many examples we can follow. I also decided I'm going to read the bible cover to cover so I'll let you know when I get throug with that haha. I started...2 days ago? I think? and I'm in Genesis 48 or 49. It's very interesting. haha.Well I guess I'll just finish this letter up, but I love you all so much, and I hope to hear from you sometime before next wednesday, and I hope everyone is doing well and whatnot. I love you all especially for the love and support you give me. Please keep the missionaries of the world in your prayers.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't wanna stop typing haha.I guess I have to. Love you all SO MUCH. And I'm so greatful for everything you've given me. And continue to give. I'll talk to you later. Love you and I hope you ahve fun with everything.BYEHunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment