Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hey me again!

OH. You'll absolutely NEVER guess who I ran into out here. I was at this fireside thing up near Richmond and this lady walks up to me and is like "Elder Christensen!" and I was like (in my head obviously) "who the heck are you lady?" haha. Shes like "Do you know who I am?" and I'm just standing there with a stupid "I have no clue who you are" grin on my face, and she's like "I'm Drew Pigg's Grandma!" I was like WHATTTTTT. Yeah she's apparently Drew's Dad's Mom. haha. I was totally shocked. I was like, whoa. Small world. hahaha.
I eat, but it's not really good food, and I never cook anything...lots of frozen food...but's not cause I don't want to, we just are not home for long enough to cook. It's lame, but at least it saves money haha. We are also running out of miles again (GOSH and it's barely half way through the month...kill me now.) and we've been biking alot. and it's been BUTT hot around here and so humid you can see the freaking humidity. It looks like it's foggy or misty or something outside, but NO. It's just the stupid humidity. AHHH AND THE STUPID CICADA BUGS ARE KLSHDFLKJSHDFJKsd. *ahem* I love it here. haha. I love going out and talking with people. But like I said, I'm not so much a fan of knocking on doors for hours and getting maybe two people to come to the door. Ridiculous. But I love teaching. I love it more than I can say! I love seeing those people hear what we are saying and get it! Truly and honestly understanding. It's a great feeling. It's what makes this stuff worth it. What makes all the heat and the bugs and the exhausting days worth it. haha funny thing about the swine flu vaccine. You would never guess how crazy conservative it is out here. Like there is this guy in our branch, who I swear, is like 10,000 times more conservative than anyone I've ever met. And it's hilarious cause he's always telling us about his conspiracy theories about the government and the end of the world and what not. And what's even more hilarious is it's not just one guy in the whole bunch who's like this. Our whole branch presidency is like this in one way or another. Cracks me up. They have these big discussions about the second coming and how we are getting closer and closer and how the president is doing crazy stuff. Its like listening to coast to coast Am in real life. hahahaha. But I love em and all these things I'm saying about them isn't negative, it's just the funny things about them.
yeah I guess I am a bit of a freak when it comes to our house. Like, I'll let it get messy for a while, but when P-day comes around, Ihave to like, get everything organized, otherwise I feel like we are living in a pig sty. haha. and you are right, that's what they always tell us. That the Spirit can't dwell in an unclean place. So we try to keep things clean. Anyway, we are being careful on our bikes. I lost my safety packet there for a while, but I found it again here a few days ago. So I have some nice new reflector fabric on my bacpack and some new lights and whatever. It's fun. I actually love riding my bike....sometimes we do 7+ mile bike trips out into the country just to save miles. It works, but I'm always way nasty sweaty when we get back...the humidity is what makes hot days so bad out here, But I have like 3 water bottles I use all the time (which were here when I got here thankfully) and so I am staying pretty hydrated. I did almost mess myself up the other day coming down off this bridge on my bike. theres almost no sidewalks in this whole dang state and so we were riding on the edge of the road and I'd get nervous everytime a car would go past so I'd get closer and closer to the edge. Then this one time I was coasting down going way fast and then my bike started going into the gravel and I freaked out and pulled on the break and my whole bike started drifting out to the side a little for a second but I correct and I was fine. Scary, but fun after the fact haha. But my helmet is driving me crazy. It's smaller than it should be so it gives me headaches when I use it, and I can't adjust it to be any bigger, so the strap around my chin is alot tighter than it should be, but I can deal with it so I'll just go with that until I have an opportunity to look at a new one. that's awesome to hear about jordan and ryan getting started in school again. Gosh I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks since I left. Time is going by fast. Tell Ryan and Jordan that I'm proud of em for what they are doing in sports and school. Sounds like ryan is stepping it up a notch!
I'm glad to hear the bulldogs won! I hope they have a good season. Beat the rebs! haha. I might send a confederate flag home sometime...if I can ever get one haha. Its got a totally different meaning down here then it does up there, so we'll see if I actually get one haha. one story I wanna share for this week. So on Monday of last week, we got a text with a media referral for a man out in the middle of nowhere. So we went out there to give him what he ordered and before we even knocked on the door, he came out and was all grumpy and just shouted "I can't talk right now, I just got home from work and you can call me and we'll make an appointment later" and closed the door. So I was a little mad because we drove 45-50 minutes to get out there to talk with him and we used up tons of miles and he just shut us out. so a few days later, we call him up and we make an appointment for tuesday (yesterday) and then we hung up. BUt then we get a call 15 miuntes later and it's him again, and he's asking if we can send someone out that day and talk with him cause he's been so depressed and whatnot lately. So we get a member to come with us and long story short, he's half american indian and has problems with alchohol and we are now teaching him! He's very interested. And He gave us some very awesome gifts which he made and were very special to him, because of the gift we gave him: the Book of Mormon. He was a little drunk at the time, but we've talked to him since. It was awesome and it made me love this work even more.Well I'm outta time, and I can't think of much more to say, but if you have anymore questions just let me know and I'll write back on wednesday! LOVE YOU AND THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING AND LET EVERYONE KNOW I LOVE THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment