Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Monday, August 9, 2010

The big bike accident!!

haha alright! The fact that I can type is a good sign is it not? ALRIGHT. This is what happened ;)

elder beus and myself were biking down this road when we realized that we had missed the turn we were going to take. So we turn around and start going back. I didn't know exactly where we were going so I started following elder beus and all of a sudden he crosses the road. and I'm just like uhhh....so I start looking for traffic so I can cross and unbeknownst to me I was getting closer and closer to the edge of the pavement and I then slid off the edge of the pavement and hit a hole, which turned my wheel sideways and I flipped over the handle bars and landed on my shoulder and then slammed my wrist on the ground. I got up and at first nothing really hurt more than usual. I noticed that my wrist was popping and grinding and I remembered that from the first time I broke my wrist haha. So I called our mission medical person and told em what happened and bythe time I got off the phone my shoulder was just aching. So we get a member to pick us up and went to this urgent care place he xrayed everything and told me I had a chip fracture in my left wrist but the shoulder looked normal.

So today I went to the orthopedic person and they told me that, yes, my wrist was broken and that all I needed was to wear this velcro brace and it will heal eventually, and then also my shoulder has a ligament that is slightly torn but theres nothing you can do about it because 1. it's so small and 2. it's not that severe and will just heal on it's own. So all in all I am alright. But today has been all over the place. I haven't been able to see if the package came yet, I haven't even been to the office yet. So yeah. This week has been one of adversity for sure. Lost my wallet, cancelled my cards, wrecked my bike, and then yesterday got a letter in the mail telling me my liscence was suspended! So dumb! It was for the bike light thing that happened in new kent! the courthouse lady said it was taken care of but apparently NOT. So I now have to pay a 61 dollar fine by wednesday or they'll be a warrant out for my arrest! haha you must be either mad at me or laughing your head off! I'll tell you I am laughing about it so yeah. haha.

ANYWAYS.

Yeah I'm not in a ton of pain, just taking care of it all. The two shirts I lost were sent home to you cause they were stained. I got the other two short sleeved ones they are like, thicker than my other ones! haha I wanted to get thinner shirts cause it was hot! haha but that's fine they work just as good ;) thank you!

Like I said I havne't been able to check for the package yet but I will do it later on.
No worries about the cd I'll be waiting.

Yeah I did see sis pigg and her mom. It was funny you'll have to talk to her about it when you see her. I made a fool of myself but what else is new? haha. ask her about what I said about lions! haha.
The mission has gone by faster than you can ever know. I am afraid of when it has to end because I know it will eventually. But I'm not gonna think about it too much cause I still have a long time before I have to go home! haha. About the school deal, I'm not gonna worry too much about it, cause my mind has changed alot in the past few months so I'll see what happens as I get closer to next august.

But thank you for your advice. You are right and I'm gonna rethink alot of that stuff. So we'll see what happens.

Anyways. So cool experience I had sunday. Ill tell you a secret. I've been really struggling with elder beus. He is young as to the mission and he is struggling a bit with aspiring to leadership positions and not being the most obedient in some aspects. I've also caught him in some bold face lies he's told me and others, so I don't know what else he is lying about. It hasn't been huge issues or anything, he's the greatest. My struggle has been I have this like, phobia, of causing contention. So I just don't say anything. I just don't want to make people mad. SO I just was struggling with this. and I was fasting for help with this on sunday. and I was sitting in sacrament meeting (fast and testimony meeting, with the scripted kid testimonies and all) and I was just praying for Heavenly Father to help me with something. So I just flip open my scriptures and it plops open to Doctrine and Covenants section 121. I will tell you it is EXACTLy what I needed to hear. It taught me exactly how to help other missionaries when they are being disobediant without being like a nag or a holier-than-thou. so that was great. It was an excellent spiritual experience. I love the scriptures mom and there is SO MUCH in there. I can't accurately tell you how much I love em over the computer but you'll see how much I've learned when I come home haha.

funny thing that happened last time I was at the library. we were leaving and this guy walks up behind us and asks us "are you guys mormons?" and we were like, uhhh yeah and he hands us these papers and we are like what the heck. Just figured he would anti us. haha. His arguements in the paper were absolutely ridiculous and it was just funny. the reason I tell you this is because I'm pretty sure he's working up the courage to give me some more of these papers right nwo haha. he's been walking around for a while now. So funny. we'll see! Gotta love how people think they can anti us like this ha.

Tell me how scout camp went! Ryan will have a blast I bet. Jordan is a bum for nto going! haha.

I didn't lose my msf card thank goodness. They caught it before it got cancelled. So I'm good there. We also didn't go to the zoo but I attached a picture of my wrist and my arm haha. I look really sad don't I? haha.

Sis. Henrie is the best! She is so nice and cares alot about every missionary. She is really lonely her husband died about a year ago and she is still struggling with that. But we try to keep her spirits up.

There are plenty of people in the mission office to take care of me! haha. Sis. Henrie's companion is Sis. Smedley and every time I come into the mission office they both jump up to see how I am doing haha. It's great. I love being this close to the mission office.


Yeah So I am doing good!

I love you guys and thank you so much for being so quick to respond to help me out. Please stay safe and I'll look forward to talking to you next monday! To cheer up your day there is also a picture of Elder Beus in his footy pajamas! haha.

LOVE YOU

(still waiting for a letter from dad ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment