Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 7th

Hey Hey HeyYeah I am trying to be obediant in spite of it all. I am still the one who gets up at 6:30 and trying to do my best in being obediant. I don't want to worry about it anymore! I just want to be a good missionary. And being disobediant would weigh too much on my conscience for me to feel like I was being a good missionary...I don't know. I feel like things are getting better but having two old-timer missionaries makes it hard to stay focused sometimes :S
Yeah I was talking with elder terry yesterday at a zone conference and I realized how lucky I was to have a companion like him. Having someone who is wanting to be as obediant as he can is a blessing, not a curse like I thought it was. He may have been a little over the top, but at least he was trying to do his best.
Tell jordan he is the man for cutting his hair! haha it's a good thing!

That's good that jordan is doing pretty good in track! That's awesome that he got to run varsity for a bit! Ask him if he's been to "the hill" yet? haha. Ryan was telling me he is going to be doing shotput and diskus? that'd be awesome!
Ok before I go any further, CRAZY story about what happened a couple days ago. So there is this brother in our branch that we go and help with service every once in a while (because he has had some major back and spinal surgeries and can't do any yardwork himself), and then he usually feeds us lunch. He's a great guy and I like helping him out. His yard is basically like this: he has a big property his house sits on and it's all fenced off by a chain link fence (about 3 feet tall) and then outside the back side of his fence is a forest that is also his property. So we were over there the other day and Elder Blair and myself were helping him split wood, while Elder Reynolds was putting together a cabinet for him on the other side of the yard. The brother we were helping had a tiny smoldering burn pile that he threw scraps of wood and other garbage onto. So we finished splitting wood and it then he took us out to lunch. Now when we left that burn piled was just smoking basically. And we weren't even gone more than 50 minutes. We pull back into the brothers house and there are fire trucks EVERYWHERE and we get back there and look into the forest behind his house and it's all BLACK. Turns out somehow an ember or something blew into the brush near the burn pile and caught it all on fire. Holy cow it was so intense. Thankfully none of us got in trouble for doing anything. But he is so lucky, because right next to the burn pile is this tarp tent and it like half melted. But in this tent is FIVE 5 gallon canisters of gasoline that, if they had exploded, would've probably burned down his house. So that was a blessing. And it didn't help that we have been having 90+ degree weather these past few days...yikes!

So that was my crazy experience of the week! haha.

haha it sounds like april fools was a fun day for you this year! we like did nothing. haha. The only holidays that matter to missionaries is christmas and mothers day. haha
haha it's been so hot here...it was 98 degrees at one point yesterday! and holy cow mom...you remember when the allergy doctor said something about how I wasn't even going to need a portion of the medicine in virginia that I used at home? What a dirty liar! You should SEE the pollen that sticks to our car during a day. Our car turns YELLOW because of it. And I'm not even lying. Thankfully I have my medicine and I take it so I am fine. But the other day it was really bad and I had a hard time breathing for a bit. But it's all taken care of!
That's awesome you are in mosiah! Don't even worry about alma. Half of it is war chapters which you can read through really quick. There is so much important stuff though. I love it! I just finished 3rd nephi today! It is awesome. and it was timed perfect with easter and whatnot. I love the scriptures!

It was so awesome to hear the apostles talk about Jesus Christ at conference. It helps me build my testimony. I know it's true and it makes me want to share what I've felt so badly. I see people sometimes and think what their life can be like with the Gospel. It's a good motivator.

Well I will leave you with that. I am doing well and dad can expect a reply here shortly from his letter.

I love you all so much and miss you a ton. And just as nehemiah said as he was rebuilding the walls of jeresulem, "I am doing a great work, and cannot come down."

Peace and Love

Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment