Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A New place!

*PHEW*

Finally got ahold of you! So I lied. My address is actually:
9311 Pocahontas Trl Apt 8H
Providence Forge, VA 23140

We live in a tiny little cottage haha. It's so funny you would laugh. It has a little living room, a tiny kitchen that you can't pass one another in, and a bedroom that is about as big as the living room and a tiny bathroom. The shower is so tiny that you can hardly turn around in it! haha. But it's awesome!

New Kent branch doesn't meet in a building either. They are in the process of getting a building built, but right now we meet in the forestry center (like a meeting hall and the classrooms are hotel bedrooms! hahaha)

But Elder Server is the district leader in this district, and the district consists of 4 groups of Sister missionaries and us. haha. So it's kind of a different experience :P. It's cool though, 'cause there is so much history nearby. In our district are the williamsburg sisters, the gloucster sisters, the jamestown sisters, and the kilmarnock sisters. So we have both colonial jamestown and williamsburg in our district! haha. If you can't find new kent county on the map, it's on the middle penninsula on the coast.

Yeah but the weather is fine here. We were expecting snow a few days ago, but it didn't happen and we aren't expecting any more any time soon. So yeah. But it's still cold. I found a sweet fleece! haha it was a missionaries that went home. So I have a fleece for when it's not cold enough to wear my big coat! :)

I'm feeling pretty good now. I can finally breath through my nose again! haha but yeah I only stayed in that one day. But after that I still felt like garbage. But I'm doing alot better now. The only problem is that Elder Server has some kind of really bad sickness that has kept us from going out alot lately. He's actually been talking to President about it lately, so we'll see what happens there. He's fine, but the stress makes it worse, so who knows. I'm actually driving temporarily because of it, because even the stress of driving makes things worse. So yeah. Not to much going on lately because of it, but I know the Lord understands because it isn't like Elder Server is doing it on purpose, and he can't control it. I pray for him all the time, because he does seem like he's in serious pain ALOT. So we'll see where that all goes.

Yeah he's the man I love him. It was so nice to be able to come to the area with a companion I already know. Skips the whole awkward stage of wondering if you are going to get along with this person. haha.

That's way cool you got to go to Grandma's and Grandpa's. I really miss them all alot. Tell them all I love them and I'll write them soon! You should've sent me one of those giant camp 18 cinnamon rolls! haha that would taste so good right now :P

wow so you sent me a camera? Where did you send it to? I'll call the assistants today to see if I can call my old area to see if they received it? I never got it so hopefully I can find it! Was dad trying to pull one of those "I'll secretely send him this and he won't even expect it!" kind of thigns again? haha oh well I'll get it eventually! THANK YOU SO MUCH. It really helps me out :)


That's pretty hilarious about Joseph! I wasn't sure if he was still in the mtc or not! Cause I hadn't heard from him in a while. So I will write him today!


Yeah it's pretty funny to see how similiar the experiences are of the mtc. It's really not THAT different! haha. It's weird to think I've been out 6 1/2 months now. Elder Server and I were just talking about that. Things move by so fast. AUGH.

Yeah each mission is different I guess. I hear from wylie periodically but I got transferred so I haven't got any mail in a while. So I'll hopefully hear from him soon. Apparently our new mission president (who will start serving in july) has already been called, but not revealed yet. So that's intense. I'll basically be spending one year with one mission president and one year with another.

That's crazy about david! I wrote him recently so I hope I hear from him soon! It's crazy. David is out over his year mark. He'll be home next febuary! WHATTTT. haha.

But I guess a little about the area now!

We cover most of New Kent county, all of Charles City county and a tiny piece of James City county. Charles city county is the birthplace of two presidents I believe! John tyler, and Zachary Taylor! And Martha Washington was born in charles city county! It's pretty awesome! But like I said this area has SO much potential. I'm kind of a lame duck right now, cause I don't know the area very well, and Elder Server is so sick all the time, we can't go out alot, and so I've had alot of time to reflect and look at what I need to do to be a better missionary. It's been nice. It's helped me realize that when things are out of our control that I shouldn't stress about it. Like here, I can't do anything to make elder server feel better. I wish I could, I really do because of the pain he is in, but I am human and can't so I just have to know that this must be what the Lord want's and not to worry about it. So that's helped. I've also been looking at tiny things that will help me refine myself. It's been a great experience. haha it's pretty funny Elder Server always tells me sorry for having to stay in and I'm like, uh why are you sorry? you have no control over it. He feels like he has to apologize! I'm like, no you don't! ahah.

Anyways.

Also, so something funny I've been thinking about lately. You are probably going to laugh when I come home and talk haha. I don't have an accent or anything, but I say some words differently now, just because of the culture around me haha. The missionaries in this mission have a saying, it goes like this: There are 3 languages spoken in the Virginia Richmond Mission: Southern, Ebonics, and Muttered grunts & cuss words. haha! it's so ridiculously true too...oh gosh. And apparently in this part of virginia there are people called "guinea men" who are a totally different culture all their own. I haven't run into those people yet though, so I have no idea haha.

Yeah so that's my story right now. If you have any questions let me knowwww. And if there is anyhting I can do for you mom and dad let me know :) Thank you for being there for me always and teaching me the right things in life. It's helped me alot lately. I love you all so much and miss you a ton! I'll talk to you next wednesday :O

Love you son,

Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment