Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Brrrrrrrr its a Freezing here in Virginni!

Hey Hey it's your favorite missionary again.

not!

ha

anyways.

I still haven't gotten the package! It's 12:09 pm here and we haven't checked the mail yet so it may be there today. I Hope so! But get this! We have been snowed in twice this week haha. Somewhat at least. And this friday/saturday we are supposed to have a HUGE snow storm. like 40+ inches in two days AHHHH! we are gonna be stuck inside FOREVER :'(. But Virginia actually had a big ol' snow storm last week and the whole state got covered. But we are getting another one that's going to destroy us! haha.

Yeah West Virginia was way fun! I've hopefully attached some pictures for you to check out. When we went to west virginia we actually found a grave site of a famous hessian mercenary (dad will know what those are) from the revolutionary war that founded that area. It's really awesome. I love the history here! woodrow wilson was born just a few cities south of us! and thomas jeffersons house (monticello) is in charlottesville which is about an hour away! Crazy stuff.

That emergency preparedness thing sounds pretty cool. A little extreme but cool. Yeah you should definitely be prepared though. I know out here since we've been having these crazy snows that people just absolutely lose their minds when they forcast snow. It's not even like oregon. All they have to do is FORCAST snow and school is cancelled. RIDICULOUS. But then you go to the store a day before it's supposed to snow and people just horde all the bread milk and eggs they can get. It's cleared out. That's virginia for you I guess.

Yeah my companion is getting sick too. I might get it eventually. I hope not, we have been having a junk week this week. And this would just make it worse.

I'm glad dad thought the indian dancer story was funny. haha it was a weird thought that just popped up into my mind. I hadn't remember that in forever.

I'm doing alright. Still worried because all of our investigators have dropped off the face of the map. We are teaching NO ONE. It's frustrating. We had a baptism on sunday, and that was amazing, but it seems like after that everything just dissapeared.

Oh but I have a story for you. And I don't want you to freak out when I tell you what happened, because we are all fine and we're not hurt and the Lord protected us.

Me and Elder Lowry had to get a baptismal record signed on monday. In order to do this we had to drive about 30-45 minutes down to waynesboro where our district leader lives. Because our bike rack is such a pain in the butt to put on these '08 malibu's, we left ours on without the bikes on, but the rack still sticking out on the back.
So we drove down to waynesboro on the free way, all fine and dandy. We got to where our district leader was, got our things signed and walked out to go. Then Elder Lowry said, "I think we should put our bike rack down, (like folding it down, it's on one those foldable ones) because it might be messing up our gas mileage or something." So we folded it down. And we get going on our way. as we are driving home on the free way, we come up on a ramp, where this lady in a van is starting to merge onto the free way, but we think we were in her blind spot, and she starts forcing us over into the other lane. Elder Lowry had very little time to react, and as a result didn't notice the semi-truck that was coming up on the left lane behind us. So we were forced over into the left lane, and the truck is going faster than us. So we get rear ended and bumped forward by this semi and because of it, we get knocked forward. We got pushed far enough forward that we could get in front of the lady in the van, so we pulled over to check out the damage. Expecting the truck to stop, we didn't bother to get the liscense plate of the truck, and he just keeps on going. Doesn't even stop. So we pull over and look at the trunk and there's some minor damage, but the bike rack took the brunt of it. But here's the part I am grateful for: If it hadn't been for elder lowry's prompting to put down the bike rack, I don't really know what would've happened. For all we know, the prongs on the rack could've gotten stuck in the grill of the truck and caused some bad things to happen. Not only that, but if we had been hit in any other way we probably would've been caused to spin and get hit by another car. The Lord really does take care of his missionaries, mom.

I hope I haven't totally freaked you out by now. But I'm safe, and the car is going to be fixed eventually and we are all good haha. But just goes to show you how much a prompting of the spirit can mean.

But I love you all so much and I hope you are safe. And by this time next week I'll find out if I'm here for another transfer or not! So I'll let you know then! And we should have a ton of snow as well! ha.

BYE!

LOVE ELDER CHRISTENSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment