Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

haha yeah you missed me by just a few minutes probably. oh well

let grandma and grandpa christensen and sorenson know that I love them and thanks so much for the money it's helping me alot with what I need!

Yeah we took our tree down a few days ago. New years eve was uneventful except for the fact that we were dealing with "Bob" finding out that Elder Terry was leaving finally. He was devestated of course and we are still working with him through that. But "Bob" is doing MUCH better even if he doesn't say he is. We went and saw him yesterday. But he's doing fine.
The weather is good here, just a bit freezing. Me and Elder Lowry walked around two days ago and didn't realize how cold it was going to be. We were freezing our butts off. But we went back and got our hats and gloves and big coats. Then we were nice and warm ^-^. Yeah those garments would be way appreciated whenever you can send them :P It's very cold and it's supposed to stay this way for a while.

Elder Lowry is the man! Not even kidding. Things are going way better with him than with Elder Terry. What I really loved about him showing up is the fact that I have to really step it up and be more responsible with everything since He doesn't knwo the area. It's really helped me grow alot and fast since he showed up. It's actually
noticable and I'm glad. But Elder Lowry is from Draper, Utah! He was in Virginia beach before this and was a zone leader. So that was a little intimidating but now I'm way glad we are companions. Because the lessons we have been teaching are WAY better than with Elder Terry because we equally talk instead of Elder Terry being the only one allowed to talk. But by the way...Elder Lowry LOVES hot chocolate, so if you find anything that you want to get for him like that, feel free to send it with my stuff :P I know he would be very surprised!

Yeah I'm not too worried about the position stuff anymore. I am seeing teh growth I am experiencing just as a junior so it doesn't even matter.

I am feeling so much less stressed and am loving every minute of the work. I feel even better and mroe confident because I am able to actually do things now instead of elder terry feeling like he needed to be the big bad man in charge. It's really helping me become a better missionary!

Yeah I love "Bob". You'll see a picture of him with me and Elder Terry next time I send the card home. He's got his problems, but he is slowly getting better and he will be a great help to someone someday. It was kind of funny yesterday, we went to see "Bob", and he completely opened up to Elder Lowry and told him ALL of his problems, and I mean all of them. So needless to say Elder Lowry is in on it now haha. All I want to do for "Bob" is help him as best as I can. In sacrament meeting on sunday he was having a really hard time knowing the Elder Terry wasn't there, and when Elder Lowry went up to bare his testimony he unknowingly said Elder Terry's name and "Bob" just couldn't handle it. he had to get up and walk out. I waited a minute for Elder Lowry to finish, then I went out there and sat down with "Bob" on the couch in foyer. He was sobbing and I didn't know what to do for him. So I just sat and talked to him for a few minutes. Told him that the Lord loved him and that he could make it through this. He told me he couldn't let Elder Terry go and I said he didn't have to. He's not dead, and he'll write him periodically. So we said a prayer together and I told him a story and asked him how I could help him. So after all that things are doing much better. It's still somewhat stressful, but we are handling it.

Thank you so much for the prayers mom. You don't know what it means to me to hear that people are praying for us back home. Sometimes the mission field is very lonely, and that really helps.

I miss you all so much too, and am so grateful to have loving parents like you two who support and uplift me. Please tell me if there is anything I can do to help you out or to make it easier for you all because I will do whatever I can to help.

I love you all so much and I am doing great. Missionary life is a great way to live. It was pretty funny when we saw "Bob" the other day he said he was worried about what others think of him, and I said "Bob", try being a missionary. It'll cure you of that fear really quick." hahaha.

But anyways, I love you all so much and I love hearing from you. THank you for all you do and all you sacrifice for me. Here's a scripture to help you through the week!

2 Nephi 31: 15-16, 18-20:

"And I heard a voice from the Father Saying, Yea the words of my Beloved are true and faithful. He that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.
"And now, my beloved bretheren, I know by this that unless a man shall endure to the end, in following the example of the Son of the Living God, He cannot be saved.
"And then are ye in this strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life; yea, ye have entered in by the gate; ye have done according to the commandments of the Father and the Son; and ye have received the Holy Ghost, which witnesses of the Father and the Son unto the fullfilling of the promise which He hath made, that if ye entered in by the way ye should receive.
"And now, my beloved bretheren after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold I say unto you Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly up the merits of him who is mighty to save.
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."

Hope that helps your week :) Love you all!
Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment