Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

christmas in virginia!

here is when I will be calling you on christmas. So I will be calling you at 7 o'clock post-meridian (PM) our time, which is 4 o'clock post-meridian (PM) your time. haha. But yeah I'll call the house phone first, and if you are at grandma's I'll call the cell next. I most likely won't be able to email next p-day since we are having it on thursday instead of wednesday, and since that's christmas eve, the library might be closed. But It'll be ok since I get to call you the next day. So just remember to let me know somehow, like send me a dear elder as soon as you get this, what number to call. The number I'll be calling from will have a 540 area code, just so you know that it's me. If you have ANY questions, send me a letter asap and I'll try and see what I can do.

NOW I'll answer the letter :)

Things are going very well. The area is progressing and things are going good. I did get the suit and I laughed a little bit because nobody in our apartment has ever seen a wool suit that like before haha. The only thing is that I probably won't be able to wear it in the summer simply because it's going to be super hot. But it's good for this time of the year for sure. I wore it the other day and it was really nice. Kind of weird feeling but yeah.

Back to the letter! Things are going much better with Elder Terry. We still have disagreements, but I am seeing the blessings of being humble and contrite when it comes to companions. Last night we had a heated discussion about illegal immigration according to the gospel (don't ask me why, but you know how staunch I am on my political views, which is why I don't like to bring them up, but he did so yeah it wasn't pretty at first) and we argued for a while, and then I just felt really guilty and said "alright we shouldn't be arguing about this anyways." cause I know for one that political stuff shouldn't eb worried about on a mission and two that if we are being contentious with each other, the work cannot progress, because the spirit won't be there. So we worked that out and all is good.

We were down in richmond yesterday because we had a christmas mission conference and it was awesome. Learned tons of things that are helping me become a better missionary. It's so cool when you can actually see the progression you yourself are making in becoming soemthing ebtter. It helps alot.

The talk went really well. It was awesome because we got picked up by president millburn at our church and we drove over the mountains and into west virginia, down into a little area called franklin. They have a ward there, but it really should bea branch. But Elder Terry and I didn't really have as much time as we thought we would to talk so we basically just bore our testimonies and told the ward there why it's so important to do missionary work. Oh holy cow you are going to be so suprised when I come home how much better I am at talking in church haha

Yeah ryan told me about the freezing rain! That's intense. It doesn't freeze very often there haha. It's funny though cause recieved a warning last week for a severe ice storm and we were like "whatever, virginia people are just wimps" and it started raining later that day at about 5 and no joke, everyone we were going to see called and canceled all our apoints within five minutes after that. It was ridiculous. They all told us to get off the road and we were like, ok? it's just raining? chill out everyone. haha. We called our zone leaders and they were just like "alright, go ahead and stay in until we call you and tell you what to do." so we go in and we have dinner and fix up our area book and we are looking outside and it's still just RAINING. and we are expecting a call so that we can go back outa nd work, and we get NOTHING. So we stay effective and work on the area book and plan and whatnot but we were so frustrated because we had to stay in when we definitely could be working. RIDICULOUS VIRGINIA DRIVERS!

Yeah the snow melted a while ago. Our snowman we built is the only snow still around, and he is only a tiny mound now. He'll probably be gone by tommorow. sadday :(

Yeah the guy in the cave, his name was brother jones. It was really sad. And my old companion elder hinds actually knew him and he was his ward mission leader. it was way ridiculous. And I think we may be going into some caverns here someday for p-day! haha just kidding but we might :)

Oh and about our trip to the airplane crash thing, yeah that didn't happen this week so oh well. We'll see.

We have a tiny little fake christmas tree on a table in our living room. It isn't as bad as a charlie brown christmas tree, but we call it that haha. It has lights and a star on it. We have like a couple ornaments that members have given us but besides that, we have candy canes haha.

haha seminary is good! I really wish I'd hear something back from sis. dunmire-beer! She is awesome!

Well things are going well here and I am happy. It doesn't matter really when the package gets here so don't worry about it! I love you guys so much and if you have any questions about anything, let me know asap! I love you all and I hope you are safe. God bless!

Love,
Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment