Virginia weather!

Virginia weather!

Sup, Elders

Sup, Elders

December blast of snow!

December blast of snow!

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

Hunter, sis. Henrie & Elder Beaus

yeah for PDAY!

yeah for PDAY!

its a tie fashion show

its a tie fashion show

Swamp monsters?

Swamp monsters?

The companions!

The companions!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Just one more time...

This is going to be my last blog post before I leave on my mission. I cannot begin to tell you all how excited I am for this. Also, I cannot begin to tell you how scared I am. But I know I am doing the right thing.
I am going to miss you all so much. I love the world I have grown up in, and to step out of it is going to be a little bit of a shock for me. Even in college, I at least had Wylie to tie me to my life in Albany. But I'm on my own now.
But at the same time, I'm never alone. I have my Lord and Savior. The one who has given me more than I can ever hope to repay. The least of which I can do is serve him by serving others. I love my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ more than I can express. They have given more to you and I, than we can ever comprehend.
I am excited to, as they say, "lose myself" in the work. I want to see the happiness it brings people. I want to make others lives better.
I watched this video earlier today and it really touched me. I hope you all watch it, and feel the Spirit the way I did. I loved it:


I know what I am doing here is what I need to do. Not just for me, but for those I am going to be serving. I want to have my eyes opened to the lives of others, and not continue to live in the sheltered way I am now. Because let's face it, I am extremely spoiled. I have anything I could ever want possessions-wise.
But I just want everyone to know I love them. I couldn't have made it to where I am today without your guys' support. And don't think that I don't mean you, or that I'm talking to someone else. If you are here, if you are reading this, you have made an impact on my life; whether big or small it does not matter. If you are here reading this, I am happy to call you friend.
To all those I am leaving behind, enjoy your lives. I will be thinking about you, rest assured. I am excited to when we will all meet again. Whether that be in two years, or 20 years, I hope everything goes well for you all. I will be writing a lot in the next week. If I don't have your address already, go to facebook and write me a letter with the address I posted.

♫ Ye Elders of Israel, come join now with me
And seek out the righteous where'er they may be-
In desert on mountain, on land, or on sea-
And bring them to Zion, the pure and the free.
O Babylon, O Babylon, we bid thee farewell;
We're going to the mountains of Ephraim to dwell. ♪

1 comment:

  1. Very touching...you're a choice son of Heavenly Father and our family has been blessed to have you in our lives. Enjoy the best two years of your life.
    Maybe your mom can take over your blog while your gone and post your letters for all of us to read, that would be a really fun way to keep up with what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete